SPH3U: Lesson 16 Quiz
Notice: Trying to get property ‘post_author’ of non-object in /home/forge/cilearning.ca/web/app/themes/buddyboss-theme/learndash/ld30/quiz.php on line 143
Complete all of the problems below. Write down the information given in each problem with the appropriate units, state what you are required to find, state the equations you will need to solve the problem, and show your complete solution.
When you are finished, submit your work for evaluation.
- A 6.5 kg ball is launched upwards from the ground with a speed of 21 m/s.
- How much kinetic energy does the ball have?
- If all of the ball’s kinetic energy is converted to gravitational potential energy, how high will the ball go?
- A 5 kg watermelon is placed on the edge of a balcony 43.0 m high.
- What is the watermelon’s gravitational potential energy?
- If all of the gravitational potential energy is converted into kinetic energy after the box is pushed off the balcony, how fast will the watermelon be moving when it hits the ground?
- Crazy stuntwoman, Ima Nutts, is performing a stunt for an upcoming summer movie thriller. In the stunt, she has to jump off the top of a very high apartment building and land in a crash mat below. At a point during the fall, when she is still 70.0 m above the crash mat, she is falling at a speed of 31 m/s. Her mass is 75 kg.
- What is her gravitational potential energy at this point?
- What is her kinetic energy at this point?
- How much total energy does she have at this point?
- How high is the apartment building?
- What will her velocity be when she hits the crash mat?
- A dim but resourceful student has a summer job in a factory moving boxes. The 50 kg student finds that if he runs at a speed of 5.8 m/s and then dives head first into the boxes, he can move them across the floor. If the boxes have a mass of 65 kg and the force of friction between the boxes and the floor is 382 N, how far will he move the boxes after hitting it six times?
0 of 1 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 1 Questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Please upload your answers.
Grading can be reviewed and adjusted.Grading can be reviewed and adjusted.
Upload your answer to this question.
This response will be awarded full points automatically, but it will be reviewed and possibly adjusted after submission.